- the structure of the sector, for example the number of suppliers and their market share;
- whether there are barriers to entry which make it difficult for smaller businesses to compete in this sector;
- whether public sector users face high barriers to switching suppliers, such as costs of transferring and restrictive licence agreements;
- whether some suppliers seek to limit the interoperability and use of competitor systems with their own.
- whether outsourcing of ICT service provision results in a high level of dependence on suppliers' expertise, undermining the ability of public bodies to drive value for money over time." 'via Blog this'
Wednesday, 3 July 2013
Public Sector ICT: OFT Shows Interest amid Competition Concerns
Public Sector ICT: OFT Shows Interest amid Competition Concerns: "OFT is keen to ensure that competition in this sector works well. The OFT is particularly seeking information about: